Hemp Seed Products
Hemp Products Sold in India
Hemp is extensively used to extract CBD for its high concentration and low concentration of THC. This characteristic of Hemp is widely preferred to make medicinal, therapeutic and ayurvedic products ranging from hemp seed oil, hemp food and protein supplements, hemp lotions and soap bars, and even Hemp sustainable clothing.
These products are sold in India as a very potential crop for fibre as opposed to most Cannabis plants which are predominantly cultivated for their psychotropic properties. For thousands of years, they have been used as sustainable fibre sources and for oil and other nutritional benefits.
Health benefits of Hemp:
- ● Hemp seed oil is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin E. This keeps the immune system functioning well and reduces free radicals in the body.
- ● Hemp products reduce the risk of heart diseases by improving cardiovascular functioning.
- ● Hemp seeds are rich in omega-three and omega-six fatty acids, which are great for reducing cholesterol, triglycerides and blood sugar and improving heart health.
- ● Hemp is rich in gamma-linolenic acid, which reduces the effects of prolactin in the body.
- ● Prolactin which causes negative PMS symptoms in the body like breast tenderness, bloating, depression and irritability, can be reduced using hemp oil.
Hemp Products in India
Various products can be made from Hemp plant parts like their seeds, leaves and fibres.
Hemp Seed Oil:
The hemp seed oil has various health benefits when extracted using a cold press. It improves cardiovascular functioning, provides minerals, vitamin supplements and antioxidants to the body.
Hemp Food and Protein Supplements:
Hemp foods are a great source of soluble and insoluble fibre that, when added to the daily diet, improves digestion. Soluble fibre acts as a prebiotic by feeding the good bacteria in the digestive system. Insoluble fibre increases bowel movement and reduces the risk of bowel cancer. The hemp seed oil also helps to reduce haemorrhoids, ulcers and constipation.
Hemp seed contains complete proteins with all essential amino acids when compared to most plant-based protein sources. Adding hemp seeds to a daily diet is a great way to gain proteins for muscle building and organ health.
Hemp Lotions and Soap Bars:
Hemp oil is used in lotion and soap bars for its proven effects against eczema. Hemp oil has omega-three and omega-six fatty acids that help balance the lipids in the skin and prevent dryness and itchiness. Adding Hemp oil to the diet can reduce skin irritations too.
Hemp Clothing and Fabrics:
Hemp has a tendency to repel pests and grows more densely when compared to other fibre crops. Materials made from hemp fibres are highly biodegradable and can be used to make various merchandise like t-shirts, sheets, bags, etc. During cultivation, it takes up considerably less space, produces more pulp and replenishes the soil it is cultivated in.